Zoey has discovered that squeeling, more importantly squeeling in public, is most enjoyable right now. I have pretty much gotten used to her sudden, frequent, LOUD outbursts where ever we may be at the moment. Zoey is also a talker. She gets it honest. I talk a lot. My mom talks a lot.
When I was still pregnant, Zoey's dad and I worked opposite shifts and sometimes would go almost 24 hours without seeing each othere. We text a little bit back and forth at work, but not a whole lot...when you live with someone, work becomes your "break" from that person. I remember one night I had worked the evening shift, was home around 11pm. He worked the over night shift so was at work at 9:30 that night and didnt get home til close to 8 that morning. I of corse woke up when he got home but then we both went back to bed...him passed out watching tv in his "man cave" and me sprawled out on the bed. I woke up a few hours earlier and then was BORED. I "needed" someone to talk to and he needed sleep. So, I paced around the house, trying to keep myself busy til he woke up. When he did, I forgot that he needs about an hour to wake up and be ready for my barage of non-stop chatter. Oops! That mistake resulted in him looking at me and saying as nicely as he could...shut up. At the time, that may have made me in my hormonal state, cry. Looking back, I laugh. That situation is so our relationship to a T it's not even funny. He then followed it up by saying...Our daughter better not talk like you do.
So..fast forward about ten months when Zoey is a non-stop chatter/squeeler. We are in Target. I am there for some very specific things and am trying not to become distracted. So, I am not paying the upmost attention to my attention starved child. So, she is being as noisy as possible to entertain herself. Talking and squeeling at the top of her lungs. I am, thankfully, past the point where this embarrasses me. If it bothers you, sorry...find a way to get her to stop and MAYBE we can talk. However, I want to raise a child who is not afraid to voice her opinions or to talk to me about anything ( hopefully this will pay off when she's a teenager), so don't hold your breath on me making my 7 month old be quiet because you're slightly annoyed. Anywho, we're walking through Target and I say to Zoey, " My goodness child, you sure are loud." She grins at me and continues to jabber. I then think to myself, "Who are your parents that you would be so loud at such a young age?" I then, rewind to the conversation in David's game room and simultaneously remember just exactly who's child I am talking to. I have no one to blame but myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment