Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Last Seven Months...The Short Version

Before the NICU nurses started working on her.
January 1, 2012....7:34pm. After getting to the hospital at 9:30 that morning, Zoey Kristine was born.
The way here Daddy tells it, she inhaled her poop so much that she couldn't breath. Zoey spent 14 days in NICU. I won't bore you with all of the things the Dr's and Nurses had to do to keep her alive, but without them, my baby never would have come home. However, this is modern times which means we have modern technology which means Zoey is now just fine...I, however, still wake up to make sure her lungs haven't given out. Poor girl, I fear she will be 18 and I will still be sneaking in to make sure she is still breathing.


Almost a day old.


Crazy hair after her first bath.

So peaceful. Who knew how active she would become once we got her home!


Once we were able to bring her home, we began to settle into life as we would then know it. Over the next few months her life (and mine) would go through some pretty big changes...her dad and I splitting up, moving in with my mom, me going back to work when she was two months old, two different baby-sitters, THREE dogs that weren't quite sure about her, and a doting grandma who loves being able to be grandma whenever she would like.

First time eating "real" food.

The night before we brought Zoey home.

Four generations on my mom's side.


So glad she usually wakes up happy!


At about four months, Zoey started to crawl. By five months, she could get where she wanted to go...not very fast mind you, but she could get there. Around 5 1/2 months, she started pulling up on things..whatever she could get to remain sturdy enough, she would pull up on it. She has adjusted well to me being at work, I have not. I still get seperation anxiety and she can't wait for me to leave so she can get to playing! She is such a joy to have in my life, I can't remember what my life was before she came along.

No comments:

Post a Comment